Saturday, October 17, 2009

We Tried a Tri


Well, it turns out that Aly and I are triathletes now. You’d think from all the spandex we show on our blog we’d have done some races already. Saturday was the first for both of us. The swim was shorter than it would be in a typical sprint triathlon, so I was able to coax Aly out of her competitive swimming retirement.

It was a perfect day. Once the sun came over the mountain it was unseasonably warm for October.

The order of events wasn't the same as a normal triathlon. We biked first, then ran, then swam. It was cool to jockey for position at the start line and have the place packed with bikes. On the words, "get set" right before the race, someone's back tire exploded. He had to hang his head and make his way out of the race with everybody watching. I felt for the guy, but moved up into his spot.



I'm still smiling here, so this must be the first lap. I'm blurry because I'm going so fast.

I'd never had my body marked like this. It's been a few days and the stuff hasn't come all the way off yet. Apparently my calves haven't grown since I was fourteen.

Prerace, checking out all the bikes in the transition area. The sun hadn't quite come out yet, and it was still cold. We set up shop next door to the eventual women's winner. She was the same girl that Amy went neck-and-neck with at the Splash and Dash last march. Props to Aly for a job well done.

3 comments:

Abby G. said...

wow guys! im impressed! haha good job! i miss you both so much! come visit! :)
<3 abby

Shelby said...

I love that you guys are such athletes! It is seriously impressive! If Ryan gets a bike maybe we will start joining you?? (haha) BIG maybe.

camilla hallows said...

I showed Sofie this post a couple days ago and now she begs to see alyspence on the computer several times a day. You guys are loved around here!!