Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A few updates

It's about time for an update. We know.

I am still busy working at the law firm, but I really do love it. I am starting to do more advertising and public relations for the firm and it is fun and rewarding.

Spence started a job, and he loves it so far. He is done applying for law school and now we are just playing the waiting game.

I turned 23! Thanks to all of my sweet family, friends and coworkers who made it such a special day for me.

Sweet Spenny woke me up with breakfast in bed, and left a new microwave and roses on the counter. I didn't see them until I was walking out the door. It might sound like an odd gift, but I really wanted/needed one. Thanks also to Melody who got me the darling measuring cups.


I love fine dining with Spenny. We went to Communal for my birthday dinner. Next time you have something to celebrate, go there! I promise you will love it. Spencer says to try the pork chop.

Over Christmas break, Spence got a Cervelo tri bike. The bike is pretty sweet. We can't wait to go on rides together when it gets warmer.


Another great thing that happened over Christmas break was the engagement of Amy and Thomas. We love Thomas and are so excited to have him in the family. Congratulations to the betrothed.

4 comments:

Shelby said...

exciting life updates!

My dad just got a cervelo.. wising Ryan had one so we could all ride together :) hopefully this spring.

we love you and really really REALLY want to do that date.. we shall see.

love you!

Salem said...

Happy late birthday!!! And Im SO jealous of Spencer's Christmas present...can't WAIT for this spring/summer to get doing some Tri's!!! I wish we could go biking together!!!

mackenzie said...

not to mention that awesome fruit bowl!

we need a new microwave, too. not a weird gift at all. :)

Jenn said...

Love to hear what is going on in everyones lives! We are all in different places!

And it seems like when you are newly weds, presents requests are always odd. I asked for my physics board registry exam for my birthday this year. ahah