Sunday, January 31, 2010

Giles, smiles, sky miles

The Giles family came to town for the long weekend.

The first order of business was getting Amy a wedding dress. Amy looked beautiful in everything she tried on. They found one that was perfect for her. She said yes to the dress. The workers were freaking out about how pretty all the sisters were. They thought Thomas was cute, too. Nothing was said about me or John.

Amy's advisory panel.

We went to the outlet malls in Park City and got some bike gear at the Pearl Izumi oulet. I got my first half-zip sweater at Banana Republic. After shopping, we went to Main Street Pizza and Noodle. The girls were on the lookout for movie stars, and tried to convince me that the dude sitting behind us was a minor character in some romantic comedy. I didn't get a picture of him, and he left before Abby and I could ask him.
Jack is a skier now, just like me. He looks like he is doing better than I did. My greatest success of the day was not knocking anyone down getting on and off the lift.
Jack is a great snowball fighter. We had a battle before dinner. I got him in the ear, and I thought he'd be pretty upset about it, but he was tough.

When Dawn comes to visit, you can bet that things will be rearranged. Moving this dresser was one of her inspirations. She was organizing the cookbooks before everyone else was even through the door. We are lucky to have her expertise in the family. We loved having the Giles over!

3 comments:

Amy Assante said...

haha love you both! Cute post! It was a fun weekend with you guys!

Amanda said...

Yeah, this was such a fun weekend! Loved the recap. I'm glad we're in the same family.

Anonymous said...

I was hoping you would show amy in the favorite gowns!! I'm sure she looks lovely in them all... as would you, it has to be those great giles genes. (that's a mouthful, try to say that 10 times fast)

xxo,
Molly