Monday, March 15, 2010

Snow Big Deal

We had a great weekend with my family at Brianhead! The skiing was a lot of fun, and even when we weren't outside, we got to spend some good time together. Grandpa built fires and taught us how to play poker like the Greeks from Price, UT.
We skied all morning with cold noses. After lunch the wind picked up, and it started snowing like crazy. Grandma had a few face masks that we all wore. Jack said we looked like army men.

I think they are smiling.

We actually went out when it was snowing like this. I'd never skied in a blizzard before. You couldn't see your skis or the moguls you were about to go over. Mom/Dawn said she almost accidentally went off a few jumps.

Spenny and Jack, out for a snow battle.

I love these two. They spent hours outside having snowball fights and making this darling snowman. It snowed 33 inches that day. Jack was in snow up to his waist!
Grandpa likes to disappear for a few hours and come back with gear. This year it was sweatshirts for the boys. 15 years ago it was the red chapeau. They actually wore these out to dinner.

Even though we didn't get any pics of Abby and Grandma (and John and Mandy who couldn't make it) we love you too.

8 comments:

spencer said...

The powder was wholly unsuitable for packing, so the snowman body had to be borrowed from chunks in the piles the snowplow left. Putting his face together took some fancy engineering. Jack named him "Frosty Junior". He may or may not have come to life that night.

Cara said...

haha. I love the picture of grandpa. I just miss grandma and grandpa so much! And our little Jack is getting so big! Hopefully I can make it out to the wedding this summer for a family reunion with my second favorite family!

Alexandra said...

AL- are you greek?

Love these pics! So fun, and makes me miss my fam!

-Lexa

Amanda and William said...

I love seeing the Grandpa too- He told me I have the eyes of a Sleigh Dog.
And Spencer- I am impressed with the snowman.

Unknown said...

i read your blog. Your mom looks hot. Can you hook me up?

Abby G. said...

haha dad. and yeah...im kinda sad there are no pictures of me but whatever. love you guys!

spencer said...

cara - the grandparents love you; come visit them in az.
alex - aly's grandpa claims to be and probably wishes he were greek.
amanda - thanks. the snowman was hard work.
john - sorry, she's taken. i think she married some dude from mesa.
abby - stand by, you may appear in some future blog posts.

Cara said...

I feel like I need to step it up in my comments since Aly has already posted 2 comments on my 5 day old blog.