Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I love the desert

So, we moved to Arizona. Phoenix, to be exact. We bought a cute condo right by ASU and have been getting settled these past few days. We have been without our internet or cable hooked up for more than a week. It has been awesome. We watched the whole Pride and Prejudice BBC miniseries, worked out a lot, and went to bed by 9:30.

I know you all want to see pics of the condo, so here are a couple moving in shots. The afters will be coming soon.

Spence and his favorite shrink wrap.

Jack insisted that we set the computer up first. He brought it up the stairs on his own in several trips. We didn't see him again once Spencer got StarCraft going for him.

Spence is loving school and we have made some great new law school friends. Spence is biking a lot with some of them.

I am working for ASU in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences. I am your girl if you want to apply to dental, law or med school. It is an awesome job and I am lucky to be close to Spence, and have a real salary and benefits.

We love the desert and live right by the Phoenix Zoo, Desert Botanical Gardens and the Papago Mountains. Come visit in a month or two when the weather is delightful and we have a couch!

7 comments:

Alexandra said...

Yay Aly! I'm so excited you got that job!!
And I love your condo. xo

Katie said...

Hooray! We need to hang out. Need. I hope the number I have for you is still right!

The Layman Family said...

okay, so i just noticed that you know Kassie and Cannon Anderson. how is that? we love them! they are in our ward here in New York

Jarem and Camilla said...

shrink wrap changed my life

Brittany said...

I love that you love the desert. The desert is the last place I thought I would live, but we are starting to love it as we imagine the cool weather everyone keeps talking about! PS I have the pics from last night up on my blog and they are hilarious! Thanks for coming over!

The Harrisons said...

Last night was so fun! We really need to do it again! And I want to come see your place!! We missed you at the game tonight, we sat by your husband! Lets get together again soon!

nicole said...

YAY AZ!