Sunday, October 10, 2010

Lifetime Achievements

I have a list of things I want to accomplish in my life. Some are important, and some are just for fun. I recently accomplished a few of these goals and thought I would blog them. Also, we had nothing else to blog about and it is, afterall, 10/10/10 so I decided this was better than nothing.
1) I played the organ in Sacrament meeting. It was smaller than this one here, but no less daunting. It was a bit of a struggle because I forgot to practice. I kept telling Spence that I was forgetting something yesterday and felt like I had an errand to run or phone call to make. Well, I remembered this morning at 7 am, so I punched Spencer to wake him up, rushed to get ready, and made it to the church with about 40 minutes to practice before the meeting started. By the way, Precious Savior, Dear Redeemer is easy to play on the piano, and MUCH HARDER on the organ. Everything went well. I should have listened to my parents when they told me to take organ lessons long ago.

2) Work with the Young Women. I got called as the Secretary in our ward and I love it so much. There are only about eight girls that come each week which is really different from the 60+ YW in the ward I grew up in. Each one of them is great, and I feel so lucky to get to hang out with them and learn from the girls and other awesome leaders.

3) Be in a book club! A few of the law school wives and I thought we should get one together! I am so excited because I LOVE reading, parties and talking about books. obviously. Anybody want to recommend their favorite book?

Now, on to biking up Usery Pass, planting a garden, and painting my bathroom a beautiful shade of lavender..

2 comments:

Dawn said...

I'm very happy to hear about all of these things! Not saying I was right or anything...

Cara said...

Painting your kitchen cabinets white, visiting Crizzle, etc...