Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I got hit by a car

biking home from work today. This was my first time being struck by a car as a pedestrian or cyclist. I was traveling down the right side of the road toward a green light, and he made a right turn in front of me at the light. He said he never saw me.

I swerved my wheel but ran straight in to the side of his car anyway. I got upended, but stopped just short of going over the handlebars. The bike bounced a few times and fell to the ground. I stumbled off and ended up on my feet. My left handlebar made a visible 6-inch scratch above his wheel.

He stopped the car and came to check on me. I was fine. Two motorcycles were waiting at the intersecting street, and at least five people were on the sidewalk nearby. Everyone was staring. The bike had no obvious signs of damage, so I hopped back on and crossed the street. The light was still green. The rest of my trip home was unremarkable.

Nobody tell Aly.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're okay. All things considered, I'm actually surprised this sort of thing doesn't happen more often in Utah County.

Dawn said...

Holy cow Spencer! I'm glad you're okay! If you need a good lawyer...

Amy Assante said...

haha this is so funny! I am glad you are okay too. I was wondering why I hadn't heard about this. Cant wait until see finds out.

mark said...

Is Aly okay?

Aly said...

Just for the record, I honestly did hear that my husband had been hit by a car by reading my own blog. but I am okay because Spenny is safe and happy!